Here are the questions we get a lot at Dogology™. If you have a question that is not answered here, please get in touch by clicking on the red chat icon!
1. How do I join your video chat for my session?
2. How much does it cost?
Have a look at our Schedule page. We offer several options from a 10-minute call to a package that enables you to work with us for several months on complex issues.
3. How do I get virtual dog training?
4. Why is Dogology™ different?
Our CEO is first an animal behavioralist. Our approach to training dogs is based in sound, scientific research in animal and dog behavior. It is positive, force-free, and based, and effective. As a dog owner herself Sarah understands the bond between a human and their canine best friend and she wants to work with you to make sure that the training she provides only stregthens that bond.
5. What is virtual dog training?
Virtual dog training is essentially exactly the same as personal one-on-one in person training with one difference - the trainer will not be putting his or her hands physically on your dog to train your pup. Each of our trainers understand exactly how to guide you through training exercises step-by-step over video chat and are available anytime by phone and email to go over question you have. Through observing your dog's behavior over video chat and in videos and descriptions you provide, our trianers are able to provide detailed individualized plans to help your dog succeed. Now how is that for convenient!
6. Where do I get your mobile app?
Here on the App Store. We're working on an Android version on our V2 release.
7. Can I partner with you?
8. Do you know any good dog jokes?
No, not really. Just bad ones.
Q: What do you call a dog with no legs?
A: It doesn’t matter. The damn dog still won’t come when you call.
9. Do you do in-person training?
No, we don't. It's not as effective as virtual. Truth!
10. How does virtual dog training work?
Heres how the virtual dog training process works.
- Select the type of appointment you want to do with us below. Anything from a 10-minute call wtih a Dogologist to a full training package.
- Select a time and day that works from you and then answer a few questions about you and your dog
- Talk with a Dogologist about you and your dog at the scheduled time.
- Follow the advice you get during the call and then the training plan we send you (if included in your package).
- Schedule a follow-up in a few weeks to check-in and see how things are going. We'll send you a reminder too!
11. What's the company's culture and values?
Our culture is authentic, honest, irreverent, gritty, and fun. We get to hang out with people who loves dogs. How can that not be awesome, right?
We believe in the joy of dogs. We believe in giving back. We believe in force-free, positive training. We believe that we train owners, not dogs - owners train their dogs and we help. We believe that dog behavior is a combination of nature and nurture and that the dog's genes inform some of those behaviors. We believe that technology enables us to do our work more effectively, and that it should never get in the way of the training experience.
By the by, since we have nowhere else on the site to put this animated GIF so we're putting it here. We wish we'd trained this clever dog to do this, but we can't take credit for it. The dog figured it out on his own.